Assistant State Director
|Employer Name||The Nature Conservancy||Address||99 Bedford St.|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||7 - 10 Years||City||Boston|
Apply for this Job
The Nature Conservancy in Massachusetts seeks an Assistant State Director who will oversee conservation programs and strategy related to our initiatives: land conservation, aquatic and terrestrial connectivity, urban-based conservation and climate mitigation/adaptation work. By leading the conservation leadership team, responsible for the Chapter’s conservation work, you will facilitate the development of high-level strategy, evaluate program effectiveness, empower staff, overcome barriers, and ensure alignment of programs. You will influence the strategic direction of our work, build alliances with public and private partners who have shared goals, and drive our work to produce tangible outcomes that benefit both nature and people.
For more details, please visit http://www.nature.org/careers and search for job #45889. Submit your cover letter and resume by 11:59 pm ET on December 31, 2017.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years relevant experience, including working at a senior level.
• Management experience including ability to motivate, lead, set objectives, and manage performance of a large multi-disciplinary team.
• Proven inclusive leadership and team building skills
• Experience negotiating complex, high-profile or sensitive agreements.
• Experience in developing program-wide strategies and policies.
• Experience working with diverse groups of staff and partners.
• Written and verbal fluency in English.
• Superb communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to travel frequently throughout the state and domestically