Information Security Engineer (remote candidates considered)
|Employer Name||Ithaca College||Address||953 Danby Rd|
|Job Type||Full-time, Permanent||Address 2|
|Experience||2 - 5 Years||City||Ithaca|
Apply for this Job
Join our growing information security team at Ithaca College! As an Information Security Engineer, you'll work with others in security and IT to enhance our preventative and detection capabilities. We have great tools and supportive partners across the institution.
Under the general direction of the Information Security Officer, the Information Security Engineer works as part of a team to implement, configure, and manage leading commercial and open-source security tools and controls to prevent, detect, and reduce the impact of attacks against the college. This position focuses on technical aspects of IT security, including authentication and dynamic access control, web and application security, cloud application and infrastructure security, endpoint security, vulnerability management, network and host-based firewalls, and intrusion detection and prevention capabilities. The Office of Information Security is responsible for the security of the college’s information resources, as well as identity and access management, and the campus card access and security camera systems.
The Information Security Engineer supports and is supported by other members of the security and access management team, others in the IT department, and our students, faculty, staff, vendors, and service providers to implement appropriate and reasonable security protections for Ithaca College.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in information security, systems administration, network engineering, and/or other technical support. Equivalent experience may include a combination of education, training, security certification, and directly-related technical experience.
• Strong technical understanding of information security; strong technical knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Apple OS X, and/or Linux operating systems; strong technical knowledge of how systems communicate across networks
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively on technical issues with non-technical personnel; and demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively and across organizational boundaries
• Technical security certifications, such as GIAC
• Work experience in a higher education environment
• Experience with a variety of contemporary security technologies and applications and enterprise management systems
Description of Benefits: Salary / Commissions / Bonuses / Other
The hiring range for this position is $80,000 to $88,000 per year plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Working fully remotely is a possibility for this position. Visa sponsorship is not provided.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.